Instant Matki Kulfi
Kulfi is Indian version of an eggless icecream. Traditionally, it is made with milk and milk solids and flavoured with crushed almond, pistachio, cardamom, saffron and rose petals.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer or a Hand Whisk (for mixing the milk liquids and spices)
- Mini Pestle & Mortar OR Electric Grinder (for crushing the nuts and spices)
- Freezer proof containers to hold the Kulfi Ice cream (Terracotta Pots sold on this site)
- 600 ml Thickened Cream
- 375 ml Evaporated Milk
- 395 grams Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 pinch Saffron (Kesar)
- 10 grams Crushed Pistachio Nuts
- 10 grams Crushed Almonds
- 5 grams Crushed Cardamom Seeds
- 10 grams OPTIONAL :: Rose Petals
- 10 ml OPTIONAL :: Rose Water
- 1. Pour Evaporated Milk & Sweetened Condensed Milk in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Leave behind a 1 to 2 tablespoons of Evaporated Milk in a small cup and finger crush the saffron into the liquid. Also add in the crushed cardamom powder to to this cup and set aside for a few minutes to allow the aroma of the saffron and cardamom to infuse into the liquid.OPTIONAL: Microwave the saffron/cardamom mixture for 10 secs.
- 3. Using a hand whisker or ideally an electic mixer, bind in the Evaporated Milk & Sweetened Condensed Milk until well combined.
- 4. Now add in the Thickened Cream to the above Milk mixture.
- 5. The saffron/cardamom mixture should have infused its aroma to the little milk by this time. Add this mixture to the the rest of the Milk mixture and combine.
- Add in the Crushed Pistachio. (Leave aside a 3 tablespoons) to garnish for serving
- Optional Garnish